Forests remain under threat from acquisitive industries
The Jakarta Post
Several protected areas across the archipelago remain under threat of deforestation apparently due to the ineffective moratorium program launched by the government last year, environmental groups say.
The environmental groups have witnessed continuing forest destruction by several companies despite the moratorium.
On Thursday, Greenpeace, a member of the environmental groups’ coali...
- Christie's to auction rare watch once owned by Egyptian king
- Canned sardines contaminated with thread worms, BPOM confirms
- PDI-P strengthens ties with Golkar
- Freeport has cost $13 billion losses in environmental damage, says BPK
- Tax office eyes 14m taxpayers' annual reports this year
- E-cigarettes more likely to get people started on smoking: Study
- Brunei, Indonesia work on new hybrid paddy varieties
- Jakarta to see medium rain but remain hot during equinox
- Marine personnel rebuild roads, houses ahead of naval exercises
- Piles of trash continue to flow onto Tangerang shore