Recent events show extent of Indonesian homophobia
The Jakarta Post
As the world marked the International Day against Homophobia and Transphobia on Thursday, recent events have revealed the “many homophobic Indonesians” among the world’s most populous Muslim nation, a sociologist has said.
Dede Oetomo, a sociologist from Surabaya-based Airlangga University, said that “it is very painful to see the number of Indonesians who still shamelessly harass ...
- Official turns mute about flourishing prostitution in his area
- Yogyakarta Indonesian Association Amusement Parks and Recreation meets with GenPI Yogyakarta
- Nine airports prepared in anticipation of Mt. Agung eruption
- Mt. Agung eruption could be imminent: Agency
- Mt. Agung's magma moves upward
- ASEAN endorses East Sea code proposal
- Nearly 50,000 flee amid fears of Mt. Agung eruption
- Two Vietnamese fishermen dead in Philippine navy chase
- Jokowi to visit Mt. Agung evacuees
- British actor Fiennes given Serbian passport