Recent events show extent of Indonesian homophobia
The Jakarta Post
As the world marked the International Day against Homophobia and Transphobia on Thursday, recent events have revealed the “many homophobic Indonesians” among the world’s most populous Muslim nation, a sociologist has said.
Dede Oetomo, a sociologist from Surabaya-based Airlangga University, said that “it is very painful to see the number of Indonesians who still shamelessly harass ...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Dozens of Rohingya come ashore in Indonesia
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga