Recent events show extent of Indonesian homophobia
The Jakarta Post
As the world marked the International Day against Homophobia and Transphobia on Thursday, recent events have revealed the “many homophobic Indonesians” among the world’s most populous Muslim nation, a sociologist has said.
Dede Oetomo, a sociologist from Surabaya-based Airlangga University, said that “it is very painful to see the number of Indonesians who still shamelessly harass ...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- China overtakes Indonesia as Singapore's top market for tourists
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- AGO stops investigation into Grand Indonesia's alleged state losses
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business