Jakarta’s film archive in dire condition
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Lewat Djam Malam (After the Curfew), a film directed by Usmar Ismail in 1955, was screened at the Classic Film Program of the Cannes Film Festival in France last Thursday. The film, deemed as rare and little-known as it is beautiful and necessary, was screened after having been restored in Bologna, Italy, over more than seven months, thanks to the National Museum of Singapore and the nonprofit fou...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Plagiarism: What can we learn from Afi's case
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats