Dancing at the Mangkunegara
Ganug Nugroho Adi
Young voices: Children from Soeryo Soemirat perform Beksan Panembromo in the hall of the Mangkunegara Palace in Surakarta.The gamelan in a corner of the palace hall was playing softly, faintly sounding a melody in a slow rhythm.
From the back of the hall, nine women entered the performance arena all in a row as the fragrance of incense permeated the air.
Then the dancers dispersed, ...
- Indonesia’s U-16 inch closer to AFC berth after beating Thailand 1-0
- Schools facing closure after allowing students to take part in 'gladiator fight': Komnas Anak
- SOEs urged to accelerate development of Kuala Tanjung industrial park
- Auditor arrested for Harley Davidson gift
- Muslims celebrate Islamic New Year to promote tolerance
- Police arrest two suspects allegedly involved in high school “gladiator” fight
- Trump's threat akin to `sound of a dog barking': North Korea
- Hot new talent to light up Milan Fashion Week
- Indonesian FM Retno Marsudi receives UN Agent of Change award
- Turkey, Iran and Iraq warn of 'counter-measures' against Kurdistan referendum