Dancing at the Mangkunegara
Ganug Nugroho Adi
Young voices: Children from Soeryo Soemirat perform Beksan Panembromo in the hall of the Mangkunegara Palace in Surakarta.The gamelan in a corner of the palace hall was playing softly, faintly sounding a melody in a slow rhythm.
From the back of the hall, nine women entered the performance arena all in a row as the fragrance of incense permeated the air.
Then the dancers dispersed, ...
- Telkomsel website hacked
- Lame-duck Ahok sees mounting defiance
- Long marches against Ahok to continue
- KPK says it will stick to rules over investigation confidentiality
- Elephant kills tour owner in Klungkung
- KPK summons Quran procurement graft suspect
- US economic growth weakened to 0.7 percent in first quarter
- Sharp Indonesia introduces new 12kg capacity washing machines
- Golkar says corrupt cadres harm political targets
- Private lender CIMB Niaga sees Q1 net profit soar 138 percent