Flavors of Betawi
The Jakarta Post
They wake up to a cup of coffee and a plate of gemblong (glutinous rice cakes glazed with palm sugar) and cucur (rice flour and palm-sugar cake).
Sometimes they have nasi uduk (rice cooked with coconut milk) for breakfast. A few hours after lunch, they sit in the shade of trees, chat and drink another cup of tea or coffee with some traditional cakes.
The cakes could be traditional ...
- Jakarta prepares traffic strategy for Asian Games
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- IS ambush kills 27 pro-government fighters in Iraq
- Jakarta-Bandung railway project won’t meet target: Minister
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- US man stole thumb of Chinese terracotta warrior statue
- Emirates to launch new Dubai-Bali-Auckland service
- Tasting Bali-based Locavore’s award-winning cuisine in Jakarta