Flavors of Betawi
The Jakarta Post
They wake up to a cup of coffee and a plate of gemblong (glutinous rice cakes glazed with palm sugar) and cucur (rice flour and palm-sugar cake).
Sometimes they have nasi uduk (rice cooked with coconut milk) for breakfast. A few hours after lunch, they sit in the shade of trees, chat and drink another cup of tea or coffee with some traditional cakes.
The cakes could be traditional ...
- Preparing ahead for smart contracts
- Persecuted couple in Tangerang gets married
- Indonesia to limit e-cigarette imports, sales: Minister
- Goldman Sachs ordered to pay $24 million to Indonesia tycoon
- Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs inaugurates two ships for Sail Sabang
- Asia's richest banker spots a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity
- Court rejects pretrial motion of hate speech suspect Jonru Ginting
- SOEs develop Papuan coffee for export
- China's Tencent overtakes Facebook in market value
- Airport trains to start running early next month