Flavors of Betawi
The Jakarta Post
They wake up to a cup of coffee and a plate of gemblong (glutinous rice cakes glazed with palm sugar) and cucur (rice flour and palm-sugar cake).
Sometimes they have nasi uduk (rice cooked with coconut milk) for breakfast. A few hours after lunch, they sit in the shade of trees, chat and drink another cup of tea or coffee with some traditional cakes.
The cakes could be traditional ...
- Minister Sri Mulyani warns Freeport not to stop production
- North Korean university seeks English teacher
- Tjahjo Kumolo remains firm on decision not to suspend Ahok
- Jokowi warns against 'excessive democracy'
- Foreign researchers ‘steal’ Indonesia's genetic resources
- French President, FM to visit Indonesia
- Saudi Arabia sees killed Densus 88 members as martyrs: Pramono
- Runoff campaign period set to start in early March
- Government signs guarantee agreement for Rp 37.2t toll road projects
- Ahok, Djarot told to take leave again for runoff campaign