52 Cirebon historic buildings in peril
The Jakarta Post
Fifty-two historic buildings closely connected with the history of West Java’s Cirebon are currently in desperate need of restoration, not just mere repairs, said a cultural observer.
The heritage sites and buildings are poorly managed and some of them will seem to be unable to withstand the test of time without some additional help.
“Serious steps should be taken [by the gover...
- Ahok's wife joins Twilite Orchestra practice session, plays cello
- Police fire tear gas at Bekasi church protestors
- IN MEMORIAM: Legendary journalist Ahmad Taufik dies at 51
- Indonesia stops meat imports from Brazil
- Indonesia to build maritime, fisheries center in Nunukan: Minister
- Alleged terrorists wanted to make Halmahera new Poso: Police
- One killed, six injured in Bali boat collision
- Ahok to ensure adequate health services for Jakartans
- Jokowi to inaugurate center of Islam of the Archipelago
- Divers clean up Bali reefs