ASEAN human rights regime: Reciprocity or common interest?
Jakarta | Wed, August 8 2012 | 08:00 am
PREMIUMASEAN member states appear poised to enter a new human rights regime mechanism by setting up a foundation framed under the ASEAN declaration on human rights.
Aside from several criticisms conveyed by pundits and human rights activists around the region in relation to the substance of the rights preserved, such a step could be regarded as advanced goodwill in protecting human rights among A...
- Teary Veronica reads Ahok letter on reasons for appeal withdrawal
- EDITORIAL: Well-deserved rating upgrade
- RI seeks release of patrol crew member held hostage in Vietnam via diplomacy
- Raid on suspected gay sex party based on law: Police
- Pilgrimage at a price
- Cuba's first luxury hotel opens in Havana
- Toshiba turns to enterprises to boost laptop sales
- Two suspects of UII hazing surrender
- Police condemned for ‘arbitrary’ raid on ‘gay party’
- Bekasi welcomes new leaders