Jakarta in flames: It’s five-fire Friday
The Jakarta Post
Fires raged in five different locations across Jakarta on Friday, burning down more than 100 homes, city fire agency chief Paimin Napitupulu said.
Most of the fires were caused by electrical short circuits, the official said.
Fire swept through a densely populated area in Tanah Sereal subdistrict in Tambora, West Jakarta, destroying at least 66 houses and one mosque. The West Jakar...
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta
- Landslide damages house in Depok
- Driver named suspect after death of toddler in East Jakarta
- Thousands of online ‘ojek’ drivers stage rally, demand better pay, partnerships
- No ticketing on first day of Sudirman-Thamrin odd-even trial run