Actors may sue director of lauded film on PKI killings
Apriadi Gunawan and Triwik Kurniasari
The Jakarta Post
A documentary film about the massacre of Indonesian Communist Party (PKI) members in North Sumatra in 1965 has created a stir after its recent screening at the Toronto International Film Festival, one of the world’s most prestigious and popular film events.
The film, titled The Act of Killing and directed by American Joshua Oppenheimer, received effusive praise from Werner Herzog, one of ...
- Danger of terrorist recidivism in prisons
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- Citilink’s first new Airbus A320neo arrives in Indonesia
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- More than 50 companies express interest in Bontang oil refinery construction
- Fans in Japan rush to get Murakami book with esoteric title
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya
- Banten administration questions slow progress of Serang-Panimbang toll road