Actors may sue director of lauded film on PKI killings
Apriadi Gunawan and Triwik Kurniasari
The Jakarta Post
A documentary film about the massacre of Indonesian Communist Party (PKI) members in North Sumatra in 1965 has created a stir after its recent screening at the Toronto International Film Festival, one of the world’s most prestigious and popular film events.
The film, titled The Act of Killing and directed by American Joshua Oppenheimer, received effusive praise from Werner Herzog, one of ...
- Ahok mania spreads far beyond Jakarta
- And now, Indosat website hacked
- Rohingya crisis could affect ASEAN stability: Jokowi
- Jokowi, Suu Kyi discuss Rohingya crisis
- Myanmar complies with int’l recommendations on Rohingya crisis: Suu Kyi
- Wonderful Indonesia to participate in Malaysia International Dive Expo 2017
- KPK rebuffs House inquiry
- Thousands of workers to join May Day rally in Jakarta
- Jokowi campaigns for peace, stability on Korean Peninsula
- Campaign highlights importance of fish consumption