E. Java bans Madura’s ‘karapan sapi’ bull races on cruelty grounds
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Racing bulls: A jockey spurs on his bulls during the 2010 President’s Cup race in Pamekasan, Madura Island, in this Oct. 24, 2010, photo. The East Java administration has banned the traditional racing which animal lovers say constitutes cruelty against animals. (JP/Indra Harsaputra)The East Java provincial administration has temporarily banned karapan sapi bull racing, a cultural icon of the com...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- Florida cities are most at risk from climate change: Report
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey