E. Java bans Madura’s ‘karapan sapi’ bull races on cruelty grounds
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Racing bulls: A jockey spurs on his bulls during the 2010 President’s Cup race in Pamekasan, Madura Island, in this Oct. 24, 2010, photo. The East Java administration has banned the traditional racing which animal lovers say constitutes cruelty against animals. (JP/Indra Harsaputra)The East Java provincial administration has temporarily banned karapan sapi bull racing, a cultural icon of the com...
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- Does playing action video games change your brain?
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study
- US wants no mention of `Climate Change' in new Nafta