E. Java bans Madura’s ‘karapan sapi’ bull races on cruelty grounds
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Racing bulls: A jockey spurs on his bulls during the 2010 President’s Cup race in Pamekasan, Madura Island, in this Oct. 24, 2010, photo. The East Java administration has banned the traditional racing which animal lovers say constitutes cruelty against animals. (JP/Indra Harsaputra)The East Java provincial administration has temporarily banned karapan sapi bull racing, a cultural icon of the com...
- All ASEAN countries but Indonesia ban cigarette advertising
- Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
- Thousands sign up for Bogor Palace tour
- China urges US to stop 'unfriendly' recon flights
- Fires burn 64 hectares of land in West Aceh
- Jakarta Council sees decline in performance of 'orange troops'
- PAN refuses to withdraw from Cabinet
- Hundreds of 'ojek' drivers block South Jakarta road
- EDITORIAL: Children and social media
- Where is the disability? My stumps don't define me