Another lawmaker lands in jail
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Corruption Court sentenced former House of Representatives member Wa Ode Nurhayati of the National Mandate Party (PAN) to six years in prison on Thursday for accepting bribes from private businessmen and money laundering.
A panel of judges at the corruption court found Nurhayati, 31, guilty of accepting Rp 6.25 billion (US$650,000) in bribes from three businessmen to disburse th...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- We deserve more choices
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Wiji Thukul's daughter heals tragedy with poetry
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday