Wiyogo, the anti ‘becak’ governor
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Last tribute: A detachment of soldiers escort the remains of former Jakarta governor Lt. Gen. (ret) Wiyogo Atmodarminto to his final resting place at the Kalibata Heroes Cemetery in South Jakarta, on Saturday. A veteran of the historic March 1, 1949, attack on Yogyakarta, Wiyogo served as governor from 1987 to 1992. He was 85. (JP/P.J. Leo)Jakarta waved an eternal goodbye to its former governor Lt...
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Porsche Centre Jakarta: The best place to take care of your luxury cars
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Organic farmers use natural seedling 'pots for higher yields
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Indonesia to hand over 2m ha of forest land to locals: Minister
- Could the Swedish trend of ‘plogging’ help you get fit in 2018?
- Depok on alert after latest diphtheria casualty