Wiyogo, the anti ‘becak’ governor
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Last tribute: A detachment of soldiers escort the remains of former Jakarta governor Lt. Gen. (ret) Wiyogo Atmodarminto to his final resting place at the Kalibata Heroes Cemetery in South Jakarta, on Saturday. A veteran of the historic March 1, 1949, attack on Yogyakarta, Wiyogo served as governor from 1987 to 1992. He was 85. (JP/P.J. Leo)Jakarta waved an eternal goodbye to its former governor Lt...
- Jokowi orders police to gun down foreign drug traffickers
- Justin Bieber's Indonesia concert rumors heat up following media reports
- Bumi subsidiary to gain big from NFC deal: Analyst
- Indonesia condemns Israeli crackdown on holy mosque
- High-tech mystery: Is a Facebook phone in the works?
- Pertamina pledges firm actions against ‘recalcitrant’ LPG distributors
- Private investors called on to help supply electricity to villages
- Cruise company to offer trips to Makassar, Semarang
- Dali's trademark moustache intact at '10 past 10'
- Waste bank gives Cengkareng residents extra income