The Jakarta Post
Gudeg (jackfruit stewed in coconut milk) is an everyday dish for people living in Yogyakarta. Visitors to the city will usually go and search for the signature dish to satiate their palates or simply to put an end to their curiosity.
I was among those people who took gudeg for granted, eating it without realizing the arduous cooking process. I spent four years studying in Yogyakarta and of...
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Suharto's youngest son in new push to get into Indonesian politics
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- For bankers transplanted by Brexit, a guide to life in Frankfurt