The Jakarta Post
Gudeg (jackfruit stewed in coconut milk) is an everyday dish for people living in Yogyakarta. Visitors to the city will usually go and search for the signature dish to satiate their palates or simply to put an end to their curiosity.
I was among those people who took gudeg for granted, eating it without realizing the arduous cooking process. I spent four years studying in Yogyakarta and of...
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Muslim group promises no violence at anti-Ahok rally
- Freeport gives government four months to negotiate new settlement
- Police to investigate North Korean restaurant on spy activity
- Police terminate investigation into UI lecturer’s alleged blasphemy
- Jakarta Police to deploy 10,000 personnel to anti-Ahok rally
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- Government may need to borrow for certain spending: Sri Mulyani
- Ahok credits Ciliwung River normalization project for reducing floods across Jakarta