Issues of the day: Scrapping science is a serious blow
The Jakarta Post
Oct. 23. P. 2
The government’s plan to scrap natural and social sciences from the primary school curriculum has been met with widespread condemnation from educators and education activists who say it will affect the country’s competitiveness in the national arena.
Deputy Education and Culture Minister for Education Musliar Kasim said on Monday that starting next year, primary sch...
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- The charm of Disney on Ice
- Natalie Portman backs out of Jewish prize over 'recent events' in Israel