47 of 119 districts in NTB prone to food shortage
The Jakarta Post
More than 40 percent of the 119 districts in West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) are at risk for food shortages, an official says, blaming poverty and high female illiteracy rates.
“There are 14 indicators for a province to be at risk for a food shortage,” NTB Food Security Agency (BKPD) head Husnanidiaty Nurdin said on Tuesday. “NTB has cleared 10 of them, but it has yet to alleviate four other...
- North Jakarta court jails men for two years over 'gay sex party'
- SHINee’s Jonghyun dies in hospital
- Bali remains most popular destination for Middle Eastern tourists
- Mount Agung not a threat, let’s go to Bali: Minister
- Golkar kicks off national meeting to inaugurate Airlangga
- Taeyang, Min Hyo-rin to tie the knot in early 2018
- Pertamina to close 13 illegal wells in Jambi
- Bali prepares complimentary transportation, rooms if Mt. Agung erupts
- Indonesia gaming industry has great economic potential: Industry group
- Jakarta to procure more emissions test equipment