47 of 119 districts in NTB prone to food shortage
The Jakarta Post
More than 40 percent of the 119 districts in West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) are at risk for food shortages, an official says, blaming poverty and high female illiteracy rates.
“There are 14 indicators for a province to be at risk for a food shortage,” NTB Food Security Agency (BKPD) head Husnanidiaty Nurdin said on Tuesday. “NTB has cleared 10 of them, but it has yet to alleviate four other...
- AccorHotels to operate 200 hotels in Indonesia by 2020
- More Cipinang inmates transferred to Nusakambangan
- Churchgoers perform service amid rally in Cikarang
- Hate speech clouds Indonesia's internet in 2016: Police
- Govt goes extra mile to accelerate land distribution
- Jakarta Police chief visits Santa Clara Church construction site
- The trouble with pedophiles in Indonesia
- Soccer fan brawl in Tangerang, one death
- Indonesia's Daud Yordan beats Thai boxer in 2nd round of non-title bout
- Bandung wants more than ceremonial switch-off