47 of 119 districts in NTB prone to food shortage
The Jakarta Post
More than 40 percent of the 119 districts in West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) are at risk for food shortages, an official says, blaming poverty and high female illiteracy rates.
“There are 14 indicators for a province to be at risk for a food shortage,” NTB Food Security Agency (BKPD) head Husnanidiaty Nurdin said on Tuesday. “NTB has cleared 10 of them, but it has yet to alleviate four other...
- FPI protests ‘unfairness’ by West Java Police chief
- Agus-Sylvi leads in Jakarta election survey: Study
- Police name 5 suspects in foiled plot to traffic illegal workers to Malaysia
- Indonesia pledges leeway for obedient miners
- Twitter suspends several FPI accounts
- Police promise to investigate Ciampea attack
- Police may investigate Sylviana on alleged mosque construction graft
- Jokowi declines to comment on “Jokowi Undercover”
- Training aircraft crashes in East Java injuring cadet
- Jonan tells Freeport to release 51 percent of shares