Break up of BPMigas adds to legal uncertainty
Amahl S. Azwar
The Jakarta Post
The Constitutional Court ruled on Tuesday to disband the upstream oil and gas regulator BPMigas, adding further legal uncertainties to the country’s oil and gas sector.
The court’s chief justice, Mahfud MD, said the ruling was made in line with the request filed by 42 organizations including Muhammadiyah — Indonesia’s second largest Muslim groups — and several scholars to review t...
- Tight security prepared for King Salman’s visit to Bali
- Whale shark dead after being caught up in trawl
- Four must-watch films about North Korea
- Lawmakers to learn about counterterrorism legislation in UK, US
- Jokowi, Turnbull start day with relaxed morning walk around Royal Botanical Gardens
- Six killed in Central Java bus plunge
- Indonesia, Australia want peaceful resolution in settling regional disputes
- House prepares for King Salman's visit
- Kim Jong Nam died within 20 minutes of poisoning: Malaysia
- Divers collect waste in waters around Pramuka Island