Break up of BPMigas adds to legal uncertainty
Amahl S. Azwar
The Jakarta Post
The Constitutional Court ruled on Tuesday to disband the upstream oil and gas regulator BPMigas, adding further legal uncertainties to the country’s oil and gas sector.
The court’s chief justice, Mahfud MD, said the ruling was made in line with the request filed by 42 organizations including Muhammadiyah — Indonesia’s second largest Muslim groups — and several scholars to review t...
- Contract to be extended to 2041 as Freeport agrees to divest 51% shares
- Indonesian N219 aircraft succeeds in first test flight
- Soekarno-Hatta airport’s skytrain begins trial operation
- Put on some weight, says politician to Jokowi in prayer
- Jokowi declares graft war in front House members, Setya
- EDITORIAL: Forever young Indonesia
- Studio Ghibli goes into full production for new Hayao Miyazaki film
- Jokowi maintains merciless stance on drug dealers
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- Odd-even traffic policy at Cikampek toll road to be implemented in morning