Government dismisses ‘incidental’ religious violence
Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
A minister is rejecting claims made by the United Nations high commissioner on human rights that the government has done little to stop religious violence in the nation.
Law and Human Rights Minister Amir Syamsudin claimed that the government had indeed taken measures to ensure that all citizens, regardless of their religion, could practice their faith freely.
Amir described the viol...
- 19 district heads in Papua sentenced to six months’ probation
- Review: 'Guardians' returns and it's better than the first
- Europe on Screen's open air screening section to feature 11 films
- No Cabinet reshuffle so far: Jokowi
- Police to question Rizieq’s wife in alleged sext scandal
- Role of women seen as vital to resisting Islamic extremism
- Simulating mom's womb in research to help earliest preemies
- Netizens make fun of Nordstrom and Topshop's muddy, plastic jeans
- Nigerian man shot dead in drugs bust
- German artist Gerhard Richter opens retrospective in Prague