Lawmakers’ trip to Germany to meet protest
The Jakarta Post
Indonesian lawmakers’ working visit to Germany to learn about engineering legislation is expected to be met with hostility from Indonesian communities in the Western European country.
The Berlin chapter of the Association of Indonesian College Students (PPI), the German branch of Nahdlatul Ulama and Watch Indonesia in Berlin said in a joint statement that they were opposed to the visit be...
- Experts warn government against complacency in tackling forest fires
- Jakarta-Cikarang commuter line to begin operation in October
- Jakarta collects Rp 120 million in fines from illegal tree-cutting
- BI criticized for burdening consumers with e-money top-up costs
- Government advised to increase ceiling on import taxes
- Indonesia to organize upcoming Europalia cultural festival
- Elisabeth Moss, a Scientologist, wins Emmy for depicting cult
- Minister Susi to sink 100 more fishing boats this year
- Matahari closes two outlets in Jakarta
- Government preparing regulation for 'core tax system'