A call for action to improve journalists’ safety
Michael Spindelegger and Alison Bethel McKenzie
Well over 100 journalists have been killed so far this year — the highest number since the International Press Institute (IPI) began keeping count of journalists’ deaths in 1997. All across the world — from Africa, Asia and Europe, to the Middle East and Latin America — journalists continue to be systematically and brutally targeted because of their work.
Some are caught in the cro...
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash