Should college students learn Indonesian?
A. Chaedar Alwasilah
Canterbury, UK | Sat, November 24 2012 | 09:35 am
PREMIUMWhy do you need to study Indonesian in college? Don’t you think you have studied it enough in school? Such questions are often raised by international students studying on our campuses. For them, it is not sensible, just an unnecessary repetition.
By way of comparison the undergraduate curriculum in Australia, England, France, Japan and many others do not require them to learn their own n...
- Teary Veronica reads Ahok letter on reasons for appeal withdrawal
- EDITORIAL: Well-deserved rating upgrade
- Raid on suspected gay sex party based on law: Police
- RI seeks release of patrol crew member held hostage in Vietnam via diplomacy
- Pertamina’s privileges may be revoked if efficiency not improved
- Jakartans to see more urban farming
- Police condemned for ‘arbitrary’ raid on ‘gay party’
- Pilgrimage at a price
- Bekasi welcomes new leaders
- Luhut warns governor-elect not to stop Jakarta Bay reclamation
SE AsiaLawmakers told to stay in Manila for martial law review
Marcus Albertson American attorney and independent legal researcher based in Southeast Asia
Guilty of blasphemy: An expected outcome
LifeWatch out in a world of connected objects, cyber specialists warn
TravelKuningan regency holds performance of 5,000 'angklung' orchestra