Our obsession with moral shortcuts
Nathanael G. Sumaktoyo
Much has been written about the incoming elementary school curriculum change, mostly concerns about the disappearance of science, social studies and English. As the subjects are crucial elements of elementary education, many fear that their disappearance will damage the competitiveness of Indonesian students in the global market.
The concern is legitimate. However, one crucial thing seems ...
- Ahok mania spreads far beyond Jakarta
- Telkomsel website hacked
- Long marches against Ahok to continue
- Lame-duck Ahok sees mounting defiance
- Elephant kills tour owner in Klungkung
- KPK says it will stick to rules over investigation confidentiality
- KPK summons Quran procurement graft suspect
- Translation more hobby than work for novelist Murakami
- Golkar says corrupt cadres harm political targets
- US economic growth weakened to 0.7 percent in first quarter