Our obsession with moral shortcuts
Nathanael G. Sumaktoyo
Much has been written about the incoming elementary school curriculum change, mostly concerns about the disappearance of science, social studies and English. As the subjects are crucial elements of elementary education, many fear that their disappearance will damage the competitiveness of Indonesian students in the global market.
The concern is legitimate. However, one crucial thing seems ...
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- BREAKING: Boat with 80 passengers capsizes in Lake Toba
- One killed after Lake Toba vessel capsizes