Our obsession with moral shortcuts
Nathanael G. Sumaktoyo
Much has been written about the incoming elementary school curriculum change, mostly concerns about the disappearance of science, social studies and English. As the subjects are crucial elements of elementary education, many fear that their disappearance will damage the competitiveness of Indonesian students in the global market.
The concern is legitimate. However, one crucial thing seems ...
- Indonesia urged to settle dispute amid Freeport workers' outcry
- Era of selling natural resources has ended: Jokowi
- Ahok focuses on online campaign in second round
- Prominent Indonesian journalist Ahmad Taufik dies
- Baby 'carrying baby' to undergo surgery at NTB hospital
- KPK names Andi Narogong a suspect in e-ID graft case
- Pharmaceutical industry grows by 7.5 percent to $5b
- State mining companies ready to take over Freeport
- Jokowi’s short meeting with Kendeng farmers ends in tears
- Jakarta gubernatorial candidates fight smear campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter