Our obsession with moral shortcuts
Nathanael G. Sumaktoyo
Much has been written about the incoming elementary school curriculum change, mostly concerns about the disappearance of science, social studies and English. As the subjects are crucial elements of elementary education, many fear that their disappearance will damage the competitiveness of Indonesian students in the global market.
The concern is legitimate. However, one crucial thing seems ...
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Double diamond on Mount Fuji
- Electric cars made by Indonesian students featured at Jakarta motor show
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- New York Times' Weinstein investigation to be developed as film
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2
- Philippines closes Boracay to tourists under high security