Our obsession with moral shortcuts
Nathanael G. Sumaktoyo
Much has been written about the incoming elementary school curriculum change, mostly concerns about the disappearance of science, social studies and English. As the subjects are crucial elements of elementary education, many fear that their disappearance will damage the competitiveness of Indonesian students in the global market.
The concern is legitimate. However, one crucial thing seems ...
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- EDITORIAL: Forever young Indonesia
- INSIGHT: Indonesia – a nation of three clichés
- Indonesian N219 aircraft succeeds in first test flight
- Jokowi bestows honorary medals for distinguished services
- Israeli firm offers 'anti-terrorism' adventure to tourists
- Soekarno-Hatta airport’s skytrain begins trial operation
- Teater Koma stages latest play ‘Warisan’ in silence
- Put on some weight, says politician to Jokowi in prayer
- Thousands Islands to host Tidung Festival 2017