Transgender community lies low as intimidation intensifies
The Jakarta Post
The transgender community has been keeping out of sight in the wake of rising intimidation from the unruly Islam Defenders Front (FPI) and the National Police’s reluctance to protect them, activists have said.
Merlyn Sofyan, a transgender activist, said on Wednesday that transgender groups across the archipelago had unwillingly cut down their social and educational events during the past ...
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Costly holiday
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official