Transgender community lies low as intimidation intensifies
The Jakarta Post
The transgender community has been keeping out of sight in the wake of rising intimidation from the unruly Islam Defenders Front (FPI) and the National Police’s reluctance to protect them, activists have said.
Merlyn Sofyan, a transgender activist, said on Wednesday that transgender groups across the archipelago had unwillingly cut down their social and educational events during the past ...
- EDITORIAL: Strangers of the same race
- No deal yet on Freeport’s 51% share divestment: Luhut
- Model urges Kendari mayor to apologize for defaming her
- Airport train to start operating in November
- Jember airport development kicks off
- Escaped Malaysian prisoner believed to be in home country: Bali Police
- LNG import is a cheaper option: Luhut
- Solo dining, karaoke strike chord among solitary Japanese consumers
- Indonesia projected to produce only 55,000 tons of salt this month
- Court orders First Travel to repay customers