Transgender community lies low as intimidation intensifies
The Jakarta Post
The transgender community has been keeping out of sight in the wake of rising intimidation from the unruly Islam Defenders Front (FPI) and the National Police’s reluctance to protect them, activists have said.
Merlyn Sofyan, a transgender activist, said on Wednesday that transgender groups across the archipelago had unwillingly cut down their social and educational events during the past ...
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- Continuous profit from quail-waste based biogas
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- Turkish-led forces in control of Syria's Afrin city
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Trump attacks fairness of Mueller probe
- Tonnes of garbage cleaned up from Galapagos coast