Transgender community lies low as intimidation intensifies
The Jakarta Post
The transgender community has been keeping out of sight in the wake of rising intimidation from the unruly Islam Defenders Front (FPI) and the National Police’s reluctance to protect them, activists have said.
Merlyn Sofyan, a transgender activist, said on Wednesday that transgender groups across the archipelago had unwillingly cut down their social and educational events during the past ...
- Jakarta’s floods claim life of toddler
- Three drug dealers sentenced to death in Riau
- Telkom to add more Wi-Fi corners in tourist destinations
- Singapore Airlines and SilkAir to roll out new airfare pricing
- PGI refuses to celebrate Christmas at Monas
- 12 parties selected to enter factual verification process
- Pertamina committed to developing new and renewable energy
- Indonesia's most popular Google searches in 2017 revealed
- Indonesia among Asia Pacific countries with slowest internet connection
- EDITORIAL: Guardians of morality