French senate nixes palm oil tax
The Jakarta Post
Local palm oil exporters will face no barriers in entering the French market after the French senate rejected a proposal that would have quadrupled import taxes on the commodity, Deputy Trade Minister Bayu Krisnamurthi said on Sunday.
The French senate recently rejected language in the 2013 national budget that contained a proposal to raise the existing import tax of ¤100 (US$129.27) per t...
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- West Nusa Tenggara governor named special envoy for breastfeeding
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Thai jungle seen as breeding ground for Indochinese tigers
- West Kalimantan authorities uncover new drug smuggling technique
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- Parking attendants, city officers arrested for allegedly collecting illegal levies