UIN student’s murderer gets death penalty
The Jakarta Post
Tangerang District Court judges sentenced Muhamad “Oleng” Sholeh to death on Tuesday for masterminding the rape and murder of a female student at Syarif Hidayatullah State Islamic University (UIN) in Ciputat, South Tangerang.
The panel of judges also sentenced five accomplices in the crime to 20 years in jail each.
“Based on the facts revealed before the court, the main defen...
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games