UIN student’s murderer gets death penalty
The Jakarta Post
Tangerang District Court judges sentenced Muhamad “Oleng” Sholeh to death on Tuesday for masterminding the rape and murder of a female student at Syarif Hidayatullah State Islamic University (UIN) in Ciputat, South Tangerang.
The panel of judges also sentenced five accomplices in the crime to 20 years in jail each.
“Based on the facts revealed before the court, the main defen...
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals
- Earthquake strikes Banten, tremors felt in Jakarta
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi