Greater Jakarta: Vandals attack Transjakarta shelter
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The Transjakarta shelter serving the Pinang Ranti-Pluit route in front of the National Narcotics Agency (BNN) building on JL. MT Haryono in Cawang, East Jakarta, was vandalized on Sunday night.
“The incident occurred at 7:30 p.m. and although there were passengers at the shelter, the incident did not claim any victims because the vandals broke the glass near the ticket box,” Kramat Jati Police chief Comr. Handini said on Monday. “Witnesses heard gunshots but when we examined the crime scene, we didn’t find any bullet projectiles,” he said as quoted by kompas.com.
The police were still investigating the case and searching for the perpetrators. Similar incidents took place at the same corridor, which served the Pinang Ranti-Pluit route in July, August and November this year. The Transjakarta BRT Management Authority had previously stated its plan to install CCTVs in every Transjakarta shelter in the city to prevent any similar incidents from recurring.
- Parties launch diversity campaign, counter anti-Ahok rally
- Ahok supporters lambasted for bringing party attributes to Car Free Day
- Setya Novanto, Surya Paloh stand up for diversity after anti-Ahok rally
- Trump's call inspires hope in Taiwan, concern in Beijing
- Transjakarta summons operator for allegedly renting out buses for political gathering
- In remote Indian village, cannabis is its only livelihood
- Italians vote in referendum, Renzi vows to quit if he loses
- Jokowi feels euphoria on pitch after victory over Vietnam
- Ill-fated police plane carrying 13 exploded after hitting water: Witnesses
- First victim found, 12 remain missing in police plane crash