Corporations’ complicity in human rights abuses
Mimin Dwi Hartono
According to the January-November 2012 reports of the National Commission on Human Rights (Komnas HAM), corporations were second in rank after the police as parties implicated in human rights abuses.
There were 1,009 complaints related to corporations, which involved issues of plantation, land, mining, the environment, labor and crime.
The increasing trend in corporations’ compli...
- Ahok faces threats in Cipinang prison: Warden
- Two Bali foreign inmates caught in Timor Leste
- Prosecutors in e-ID case demand former Home Ministry officials be jailed
- How embargo affects Qatar investment in Indonesia
- Batam, Yokohama to collaborate in urban development projects
- Bank Indonesia sets chip technology standard for ATMs, debit cards
- Facebook gets Indonesia nod for local unit
- East Jakarta robbery gang well managed: Police
- Beijing's new mega airport will challenge Air China's dominance
- Most crimes in Jakarta committed by youngsters: Research