Corporations’ complicity in human rights abuses
Mimin Dwi Hartono
According to the January-November 2012 reports of the National Commission on Human Rights (Komnas HAM), corporations were second in rank after the police as parties implicated in human rights abuses.
There were 1,009 complaints related to corporations, which involved issues of plantation, land, mining, the environment, labor and crime.
The increasing trend in corporations’ compli...
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Double diamond on Mount Fuji
- Electric cars made by Indonesian students featured at Jakarta motor show
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- New York Times' Weinstein investigation to be developed as film
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2
- Philippines closes Boracay to tourists under high security