Corporations’ complicity in human rights abuses
Mimin Dwi Hartono
According to the January-November 2012 reports of the National Commission on Human Rights (Komnas HAM), corporations were second in rank after the police as parties implicated in human rights abuses.
There were 1,009 complaints related to corporations, which involved issues of plantation, land, mining, the environment, labor and crime.
The increasing trend in corporations’ compli...
- Thousands protest in Jakarta against Trump's Jerusalem move
- Indonesia seeks to impose import duties on intangible goods
- "Where are the trees?," Jokowi slams green programs
- Indonesia to voice developmental concerns at WTO conference
- Major recall of Lactalis baby milk over salmonella fears
- Lippo to hold rights issue in first quarter of 2018
- Saudi Arabia hails Iraq victory over IS
- Potatoes for peace: how the humble tuber stopped conflict in Europe
- Three suspected terrorists arrested in East Java
- Celebs sleep rough to raise money for Scotland's homeless