Corporations’ complicity in human rights abuses
Mimin Dwi Hartono
According to the January-November 2012 reports of the National Commission on Human Rights (Komnas HAM), corporations were second in rank after the police as parties implicated in human rights abuses.
There were 1,009 complaints related to corporations, which involved issues of plantation, land, mining, the environment, labor and crime.
The increasing trend in corporations’ compli...
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Muslim group promises no violence at anti-Ahok rally
- Freeport gives government four months to negotiate new settlement
- Police to investigate North Korean restaurant on spy activity
- Police terminate investigation into UI lecturer’s alleged blasphemy
- Jakarta Police to deploy 10,000 personnel to anti-Ahok rally
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- Government may need to borrow for certain spending: Sri Mulyani
- Ahok credits Ciliwung River normalization project for reducing floods across Jakarta