Baluran Banteng herd dying out
The Jakarta Post
The herd of Java banteng, a species of wild cattle, in the Baluran National Park in Situbondo, East Java, has further dwindled; from 22 animals in 2011 to a mere handful by late last year.
“The banteng herd in Baluran must be reviewed because no bulls have approached the two cows in our breeding enclosure,” Wildlife Conservation Forum (FOKSI) head and Indonesia Safari Park director Tony...
- 5 barges destroy coral in Karimunjawa
- Anti-cement plant rally goes on after farmer’s death
- Saudi king and Indonesia's hypocrisy, opportunism
- Indonesia still struggles to close gender equality gap: UNDP
- Papua asks for 10 percent in Freeport divestment
- Before Parliament violence, other attacks on Britain
- Foreigners eager to revisit Jakarta
- EDITORIAL: Cementing options for people
- Bekasi to verify data on 1,700 foreign workers
- Korea to issue e-visas for Southeast Asians to tackle THAAD fallout