Wealthy victims seek refuge in hotels
The Jakarta Post
Most of the 18,000 Jakartans whom the floods have forced to evacuate have taken refuge under bridges, in bus shelters and in the basements of shopping malls, to name but a few.
More fortunate people have taken comfort in hotels after the waters swamped their houses, or the roads around their houses, and they plan on staying there until their subdistrict heads say it is safe to return home.<...
- Why a few drops of water make whisky taste better
- ExxonMobil wants US$121 million for its JTB field ownership
- Semanggi Interchange to have CCTV to prevent vandalism
- Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon shared message over airport incident
- Trump will resign, his ghostwriter predicts
- Police question Rizieq in Saudi Arabia: Tito
- Tatjana's photo with Korean heartthrob Gong Yoo makes netizens jealous
- Sri Mulyani claims tax revenue target realistic
- South Sulawesi mayor-elect faces police questioning in Jakarta
- Singapore gets a taste of commuting chaos as trains fail