Wealthy victims seek refuge in hotels
The Jakarta Post
Most of the 18,000 Jakartans whom the floods have forced to evacuate have taken refuge under bridges, in bus shelters and in the basements of shopping malls, to name but a few.
More fortunate people have taken comfort in hotels after the waters swamped their houses, or the roads around their houses, and they plan on staying there until their subdistrict heads say it is safe to return home.<...
- Wealth of four richest Indonesians equal to wealth of 100m poorest
- Jokowi's visit to Australia 'special': Foreign Ministry
- COMMENTARY: Freeport's threat of arbitration simply a ploy to block mining reform
- Jokowi threatens to take action if Freeport are 'difficult'
- BI predicts lower GDP growth in first quarter
- Indonesia drafting rules to end bank secrecy
- OJK to launch first green bond mechanism
- Construction of new Semanggi overpass to take only a month
- Madame Tussauds Hong Kong to feature Jokowi wax figure this summer
- Indonesia seeks Saudi Arabia’s support to develop Sumatra tourism