Wealthy victims seek refuge in hotels
The Jakarta Post
Most of the 18,000 Jakartans whom the floods have forced to evacuate have taken refuge under bridges, in bus shelters and in the basements of shopping malls, to name but a few.
More fortunate people have taken comfort in hotels after the waters swamped their houses, or the roads around their houses, and they plan on staying there until their subdistrict heads say it is safe to return home.<...
- Noose tightens around FPI leader
- Riau Islands Police beefed up to 12,000 to anticipate South China Sea tension
- Pinot competes with Beyonce in annual social media awards
- Asia’s most and least powerful passports
- Graft cases may affect Agus, Sylviana's electability: Pollster
- Indonesian Military to build naval base in Papua
- Qatar new target of Indonesia’s weapons export
- Anti graft body may detain ex-Garuda Indonesia CEO on Rolls Royce deals
- Three Indonesians kidnapped by Abu Sayyaf
- Police ban transgender cultural event in South Sulawesi