Climbing up the global value chain
There has been a paradigm shift in international trade. Trade in intermediates (semi-finished products) has overtaken trade in final goods and services as global value chains proliferate.
Advancements in production, information and communication technology, transportation and logistical efficiency, and a general reduction in tariffs, has allowed for production tasks to be performed in mult...
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- Afghan migrants go on rampage at Balikpapan detention center
- Bridge collapses in Tegal, Central Java
- Say no to plastic straws, urges antiplastic campaign
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Avicii death a coming-of-age in electronic music boom
- Jagorawi toll traffic under control thanks to odd-even policy: Jasa Marga
- Sumatran tiger captured after 100 days of hunting
- Lafleur '82 magnums fetch more than $12,000 each at Sotheby's