Bali fights for special autonomy status
Ni Komang Erviani
The Jakarta Post
The Balinese people continue to fight for special autonomy status for their province, following years of being ignored by the central government.
The Regional Representative Council (DPD) is currently waging a fierce fight for the special autonomy status by establishing a team of experts to conduct comprehensive studies on the possibility of the island obtaining the status, as well as learn...
- Saudi king and Indonesia's hypocrisy, opportunism
- Indonesia still struggles to close gender equality gap: UNDP
- Papua asks for 10 percent in Freeport divestment
- 5 barges destroy coral in Karimunjawa
- Caledonian Sky destroyed more than 18,000 m2 of pristine Raja Ampat reefs, survey concludes
- Foreigners eager to revisit Jakarta
- Indonesia to produce more gardening tools to reduce imports
- Anti-cement plant rally goes on after farmer’s death
- Korea to issue e-visas for Southeast Asians to tackle THAAD fallout
- JKT48 manager found dead hanging in bathroom