Comments: Microsoft to embed Office 365 in PCs
The Jakarta Post
Feb. 13, p. 13
Microsoft Indonesia, the local arm of software giant the Microsoft Corporation, is in talks with computer manufacturers to embed Office 365, the US company’s cloud-based software service, in personal computers (PCs), executives have said.
You should mention the real alternative to MS office: OpenOffice. I would also challenge the notion that office still has a 98 percent market share.
If Office 365 really is a cloud solution, then they wouldn’t need the fat client software on the PCs.
Google Apps for business, which MS is emulating, has become a paid offering since Dec. 12, 2012. The cost per end user is US$50 a year. It is a true cloud offering.
There are three groups: standard business, education and government.
In the US, of the 43 last government cloud contracts offered, Google Apps won 23, MS won 10 and the other 10 were won by another firm. So much for a 98 percent market share going forward.
- BREAKING NEWS: Judges sentence Jessica to 20 years in prison
- Judges find Jessica guilty despite lack of eyewitnesses
- Indonesia brings home Miss Grand International 2016 title
- Seeking true happiness through meditation
- Ahok sets Jakarta minimum wage at Rp 3.35m
- Guilty or not, Jessica to face verdict
- Mt. Rinjani still closed to trekkers
- 'I don't accept the verdict': Jessica
- Judges ignored testimonies from defense witnesses: Lawyer
- It’s getting easier to do business in Indonesia: Report