Children, moms take literature celebration to deprived kids
The Jakarta Post
Loud and clear: Afoan Arimiyas Kolo, an activist at Pademangan youth community club, reads a story to children during World Read Aloud Day on Jl. Budi Mulia Raya, North Jakarta, on Wednesday. (JP/Indah Setiawati)Some people may prefer watching TV or looking at screens to reading because they find the latter boring.
Over a hundred children and mothers spent Wednesday commemorating World Read...
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Frenchman breaks new record for sailing solo around the world
- Trump team claims Mueller 'unlawfully' collected emails
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president
- 'Titanic' keeps that sinking feeling alive, 20 years on
- In Jordan, Iraqi Christians dream of fresh start abroad
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study