Giant sea wall project may swallow Rp 280t
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo says he will expedite the construction of a giant sea wall off the north coast that may cost Rp 280 trillion (US$28.9 billion).
The wall is believed to be able to protect the capital from flooding.
“The project was initially scheduled to kick off in 2020 but I want the study to be accelerated and I am hoping that it will be completed [by t...
- EDITORIAL: Strangers of the same race
- No deal yet on Freeport’s 51% share divestment: Luhut
- Model urges Kendari mayor to apologize for defaming her
- Escaped Malaysian prisoner believed to be in home country: Bali Police
- Airport train to start operating in November
- Court orders First Travel to repay customers
- Indonesia projected to produce only 55,000 tons of salt this month
- LNG import is a cheaper option: Luhut
- Jember airport development kicks off
- Government to construct loop lines to eliminate railway crossings