Giant sea wall project may swallow Rp 280t
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo says he will expedite the construction of a giant sea wall off the north coast that may cost Rp 280 trillion (US$28.9 billion).
The wall is believed to be able to protect the capital from flooding.
“The project was initially scheduled to kick off in 2020 but I want the study to be accelerated and I am hoping that it will be completed [by t...
- Indonesia still struggles to close gender equality gap: UNDP
- Anti-cement plant rally goes on after farmer’s death
- Saudi king and Indonesia's hypocrisy, opportunism
- 5 barges destroy coral in Karimunjawa
- Papua asks for 10 percent in Freeport divestment
- Foreigners eager to revisit Jakarta
- Korea to issue e-visas for Southeast Asians to tackle THAAD fallout
- Caledonian Sky destroyed more than 18,000 m2 of pristine Raja Ampat reefs, survey concludes
- JKT48 manager found dead hanging in bathroom
- Bekasi to verify data on 1,700 foreign workers