Batam legislators pass bill on human trafficking
The Jakarta Post
The Batam Legislative Council (DPRD) passed a regional bill (Perda) on Monday to eliminate human trafficking in the city’s entertainment industry. Under the new regulation, all business players within the Batam entertainment industry and/or agencies that recruit workers for the industry must provide a letter stating the origins of a worker.
The DPRD and Batam administration said that the ...
- Trash inundates space underneath toll road in North Jakarta
- How healthy is too healthy? EU warns about green tea supplements
- Will Facebook Indonesia face criminal charges for data breach?
- Britain to ban sale of plastic straws in bid to fight waste
- Government raises demands to Facebook Indonesia
- Jakarta MRT to have women operators, maintenance officers
- Smartphone app promises speech therapy at your fingertips
- Banjarnegara earthquake displaces more than 2,000
- Jokowi to complete 38 strategic projects before term ends
- Iran, Iraq, Syria, Russia hold 'anti-terrorism' meet