PDI-P may be warming to Jokowi for 2014
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
Leaders of the Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P) are not ruling out nominating popular Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo instead of PDI-P chairperson Megawati Soekarnoputri for president in 2014.
Jokowi, elected governor in September, has publicly opposed plans to nominate him for president, saying that he would focus on tackling the host of ills plaguing the capital.<...
- No flight attendants in bikinis for Vietjet’s upcoming route
- Indonesian firm to construct coal port in Vietnam
- Indonesia needs to realize its sharia economy potential
- Russia offers nuke power to Indonesia
- Nike bazaar ends in chaos on Tuesday
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- Almonds help rid body of bad cholesterol
- Myanmarese fugitive arrested for trafficking
- Trade Ministry, Eximbank to boost financing for exporters
- Indonesian research productivity lacking: LIPI