Yogya’s famed street gets free Internet
The Jakarta Post
The Yogyakarta administration and PT Telkom have launched free wireless Internet access on the city’s most famous tourist thoroughfare, Jl. Malioboro.
City public relations chief Tri Hastono said that the service was part of a deal on the Jogja Digital City (JDC) program signed by Yogyakarta Mayor Haryadi Suyuti and PT Telkom general manager Firdaus Ruswandi on Thursday.
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- West Nusa Tenggara governor named special envoy for breastfeeding
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Thai jungle seen as breeding ground for Indochinese tigers
- West Kalimantan authorities uncover new drug smuggling technique
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- Parking attendants, city officers arrested for allegedly collecting illegal levies