Solomon Islands: Thousands still homeless after tsunami
The Jakarta Post
Temporary shelters are set up for the tsunami victims. (Courtesy of the Solomon Islands Red Cross)On the remote island of Nende in the far eastern province of Temotu in the South Pacific nation of the Solomon Islands, thousands of people remain homeless after an 8.0 magnitude earthquake and tsunami demolished their coastal villages, homes, fishing boats and food gardens.
The Solomon Islands...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students