Jokowi to cancel contracts with water firms
Sita W. Dewi and Tertiani ZB Simanjuntak
The Jakarta Post
In a surprising move, Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo says he wants to cancel the city’s contracts with two private firms for water provision and distribution.
Meeting with representatives of the Coalition of Jakarta Residents Opposing Water Privatization (KMMSAJ) on Wednesday, Jokowi said that officials would audit contracts with PT PAM Lyonnaise Jaya (Palyja) and PT Aetra Air ...
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Government praises Mitsubishi for exporting 21,000 Xpander vehicles
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Most boats in Thousand Islands unsafe: Committee
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- Meghan Markle ties the knot -- but not with Prince Harry
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers