Jokowi to cancel contracts with water firms
Sita W. Dewi and Tertiani ZB Simanjuntak
The Jakarta Post
In a surprising move, Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo says he wants to cancel the city’s contracts with two private firms for water provision and distribution.
Meeting with representatives of the Coalition of Jakarta Residents Opposing Water Privatization (KMMSAJ) on Wednesday, Jokowi said that officials would audit contracts with PT PAM Lyonnaise Jaya (Palyja) and PT Aetra Air ...
- Police refute FPI’s accusation of unfair handling of Bandung clash
- Jl. Fatmawati to be closed for 6 months
- Harvard's digital photography course now available for free
- Anti-Ahok sentiment helps ex-president's son take the lead: Survey
- Prosecutors to present more remarks by Ahok
- FPI threatens to report Megawati to police for blasphemy
- Vision, mission ‘less important’ for Jakarta voters: Study
- Ahok’s lawyers refuse to continue hearing due to unscheduled witnesses
- Jakarta Police to question FPI leader for ‘spreading hatred’
- Pertamina allocates US$54 billion to strengthen upstream industry