MK rules DPD can now join legislative process
The Jakarta Post
The Constitutional Court has accepted a request from the Regional Representative Council (DPD), which demanded the body to be given the same lawmaking authority as the House of Representatives.
Constitutional Court chief justice Mahfud MD said in the court’s ruling that the DPD now had equal positioning with the House and the President, which also grants the council lawmaking authority.
- Freeport has cost $13 billion losses in environmental damage, says BPK
- Christie's to auction rare watch once owned by Egyptian king
- Jakarta to see medium rain but remain hot during equinox
- Canned sardines contaminated with thread worms, BPOM confirms
- PDI-P strengthens ties with Golkar
- Tax office eyes 14m taxpayers' annual reports this year
- Business selling expired food in West Jakarta had Rp 6 billion turnover: Police
- Marine personnel rebuild roads, houses ahead of naval exercises
- Bank Mandiri to distribute student loans
- Coal domestic price policy to affect state revenue: Officials