MK rules DPD can now join legislative process
The Jakarta Post
The Constitutional Court has accepted a request from the Regional Representative Council (DPD), which demanded the body to be given the same lawmaking authority as the House of Representatives.
Constitutional Court chief justice Mahfud MD said in the court’s ruling that the DPD now had equal positioning with the House and the President, which also grants the council lawmaking authority.
- Tight security prepared for King Salman’s visit to Bali
- Four must-watch films about North Korea
- Whale shark dead after being caught up in trawl
- Lawmakers to learn about counterterrorism legislation in UK, US
- Jokowi, Turnbull start day with relaxed morning walk around Royal Botanical Gardens
- Six killed in Central Java bus plunge
- Indonesia, Australia want peaceful resolution in settling regional disputes
- House prepares for King Salman's visit
- Kim Jong Nam died within 20 minutes of poisoning: Malaysia
- Divers collect waste in waters around Pramuka Island