MK rules DPD can now join legislative process
The Jakarta Post
The Constitutional Court has accepted a request from the Regional Representative Council (DPD), which demanded the body to be given the same lawmaking authority as the House of Representatives.
Constitutional Court chief justice Mahfud MD said in the court’s ruling that the DPD now had equal positioning with the House and the President, which also grants the council lawmaking authority.
- Ahok mania spreads far beyond Jakarta
- Telkomsel website hacked
- Long marches against Ahok to continue
- Lame-duck Ahok sees mounting defiance
- Elephant kills tour owner in Klungkung
- KPK says it will stick to rules over investigation confidentiality
- Translation more hobby than work for novelist Murakami
- Golkar says corrupt cadres harm political targets
- Indonesian women's group issues edict against child marriage
- KPK summons Quran procurement graft suspect