Govt takes another look at Koba Tin’s contract
Amahl S. Azwar
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia, one of the world’s largest tin exporters, suddenly changed its approach over the fate of PT Koba Tin as the Malaysia-controlled tin mining firm’s contract in Bangka Island in Bangka-Belitung expired as of March 31.
Last year, the government stated it would transfer the concession to the state-owned, publicly listed PT Timah.
On Thursday, however, Deputy Energy and Min...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- China overtakes Indonesia as Singapore's top market for tourists
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- AGO stops investigation into Grand Indonesia's alleged state losses
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business