Kopassus held as ‘heroes’
Yuliasri Perdani and Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
As the 11 members of the Army’s Special Forces (Kopassus) accused of brutally killing four men inside Cebongan Penitentiary in Sleman, Yogyakarta, faced interrogation at the Semarang Military Police headquarters, several groups across the country began hailing them as heroes for standing up to criminal gangs.
In front of the Kopassus headquarters in Cijantung, East Jakarta, on Wednesday,...
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Cuba to get ready for same sex marriage: Castro daughter
- 5 wall shelf design ideas for small spaces