SBY enters the Twitter era
The Jakarta Post
The State Palace has revealed that President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono now has a Twitter account for formal issues.
Presidential spokesman Julian Aldrin Pasha said that Yudhoyono had the account, @istanarakyat, which translates as “the people’s palace”, which was set up earlier this week.
“The account is managed by staffers at the Presidential Palace,” Julian said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
On Wednesday, the Presidential Palace confirmed Yudhoyono’s plan to also set up a personal Twitter account.
Julian said the President felt the need for his own Twitter account, as he wanted to engage more with the public.
- Anies, Sandi seek the support of East Jakarta voters
- Six places in N. Kalimantan finally get 24-hour electricity
- Pakistani officials say 41 police trainees killed in attack
- Two ex-KPK commissioners join Anies-Sandi campaign team
- Report reveals links of pro-IS groups in Mindanao with Indonesia, Malaysia
- Team spends 5 hours recovering car after flood in Bandung
- Japan faces ballooning bill to deal with Fukushima meltdowns
- World’s first dengue vaccine now available in Indonesia
- Hospital fire in Malaysia kills 6
- SpaceX's Elon Musk elaborates on plan to colonize Mars