SBY enters the Twitter era
The Jakarta Post
The State Palace has revealed that President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono now has a Twitter account for formal issues.
Presidential spokesman Julian Aldrin Pasha said that Yudhoyono had the account, @istanarakyat, which translates as “the people’s palace”, which was set up earlier this week.
“The account is managed by staffers at the Presidential Palace,” Julian said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
On Wednesday, the Presidential Palace confirmed Yudhoyono’s plan to also set up a personal Twitter account.
Julian said the President felt the need for his own Twitter account, as he wanted to engage more with the public.
- Catholic university refuses to remove billboards with hijab-clad student
- Rachmawati says meetings, cash transfer not evidence of treason
- Study finds majority of people condemning Ahok's ‘blasphemy’ not well informed
- Charging-device producer Anker aims to tap Indonesian market
- Duterte assures Robredo will be VP ‘until last day of her term’
- Muslims lambast Christmas service raid in Bandung
- Indonesia over the moon after $9.4 million win against Churchill
- Public faith in Jokowi remains high despite anti-Ahok movement
- FUI forces Christian university to drop billboard with hijab-clad student
- N.Sumatra dispatches assistance for Aceh earthquake victims