Hospital workers protest dismissal
The Jakarta Post
Dozens of Bintaro Premier Hospital employees rallied in front of the hospital in Bintaro, Pondok Aren, South Tangerang municipality, on Monday to protest the recent dismissal of eight employees.
Bambang Suheri, coordinator of the rally, said the eight employees were dismissed arbitrarily and without severance pay even though some of them had worked at the hospital for eight years.
'They were recruited to work for the hospital, but were dismissed two months ago for no clear reason,' he said.
According to Bambang, the dismissed workers tried to negotiate with the hospital management to discuss severance pay, but at the last meeting they were only offered one-month salary as severance pay.
As of Monday evening, there had been no clarification from the hospital management.
You might also like :
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- 17 missing students in North Sumatra flood rescued
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- The warning signs get stronger
- Lewinsky affair not an abuse of power, says Hillary Clinton
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- US wants "regime change" in Iran: Rouhani
- KPK urged to be resolute in solving IndonesiaLeaks report case
- Delayed school entry good for mental health: Study
- #UninstallGojek trends after executive shows support for LGBT community