Lie detector test confirms false rape report
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
A lie detector test has confirmed that a report by a female journalist, identified only by the initials MC, who claimed to have been assaulted and raped on Jl. Pramuka, East Jakarta, is in fact baseless.
'The test verified she [MC] submitted a fake statement. This test can be trusted. I will call on MC on Wednesday, and be accompanied by a psychiatrist,' Adj. Sr. Comr. Herry Heryawan said on Tuesday, as quoted by tribunnews.com.
He said MC could be charged with making a false report and sent to jail.
A lot of new information had been uncovered by investigators who found that a male colleague of MC, identified only as CK, who usually accompanied MC after work, was in a relationship with her.
Previously, MC's husband reported that his wife had been raped at 6:22 p.m. local time, on June 20, 2013.
At a time when the victim was waiting for her husband to collect her, according to the initial report, a man suddenly attacked and raped her. She was then rushed to the Soekanto Police Hospital in Kramat Jati, East Jakarta, to be medically examined. (apt)
You might also like :
- Ahok mania spreads far beyond Jakarta
- And now, Indosat website hacked
- Rohingya crisis could affect ASEAN stability: Jokowi
- Jokowi, Suu Kyi discuss Rohingya crisis
- Myanmar complies with int’l recommendations on Rohingya crisis: Suu Kyi
- Wonderful Indonesia to participate in Malaysia International Dive Expo 2017
- KPK rebuffs House inquiry
- Thousands of workers to join May Day rally in Jakarta
- Jokowi campaigns for peace, stability on Korean Peninsula
- Campaign highlights importance of fish consumption