Lie detector test confirms false rape report
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
A lie detector test has confirmed that a report by a female journalist, identified only by the initials MC, who claimed to have been assaulted and raped on Jl. Pramuka, East Jakarta, is in fact baseless.
'The test verified she [MC] submitted a fake statement. This test can be trusted. I will call on MC on Wednesday, and be accompanied by a psychiatrist,' Adj. Sr. Comr. Herry Heryawan said on Tuesday, as quoted by tribunnews.com.
He said MC could be charged with making a false report and sent to jail.
A lot of new information had been uncovered by investigators who found that a male colleague of MC, identified only as CK, who usually accompanied MC after work, was in a relationship with her.
Previously, MC's husband reported that his wife had been raped at 6:22 p.m. local time, on June 20, 2013.
At a time when the victim was waiting for her husband to collect her, according to the initial report, a man suddenly attacked and raped her. She was then rushed to the Soekanto Police Hospital in Kramat Jati, East Jakarta, to be medically examined. (apt)
You might also like :
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- Costly holiday
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official
- Everest's Hillary Step now a 'slope': Climber