S. Sumatra ready to host Islamic Solidarity Games
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
South Sumatra is ready to host the Islamic Solidarity Games from Sept. 22 to Oct. 1, an officer of Palembang Immigration Office has said.
"Based on information from the organizing committee, the games will be attended by 1,759 athletes and 624 officials from 25 Islamic countries, including Indonesia," Palembang Immigration Office spokesman Sarwono T Indrijanto said in Palembang on Wednesday, as quoted by the Antara news agency.
He said countries that had confirmed their participation were Brunei Darussalam, Iraq, Sudan, Kuwait, Bahrain, Maldives, Syria, Oman, Tunisia, Iran, Gambia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Azerbaijan, Algeria, Guinea and Turkey.
Sarwono said that his office would coordinate with the relevant agencies so that all matters relating to immigration could be prepared.
'Information we received earlier mentioned that most of the foreign athletes would enter Palembang through Jakarta's Soekarno-Hatta Airport. But some of the athletes will reportedly fly directly to Palembang," he said.
- Grassroots war on rabies
- Good nutrition entails safe drinking water
- Award-winning comedy series ‘Silicon Valley’ returns for season 3
- Rationality, deficit in democracy
- Jokowi meets with German President, discusses death penalty
- Repair harm done to Jakarta Bay, fishermen demand
- Indonesia to learn vocational education from Germany: Minister
- 1965 victims: We don’t want communism, just reconciliation
- Cold rice balls, no flush toilets at quake-hit Japan shelter
- NU calls on govt. to reveal truth behind 1965 tragedy