S. Sumatra ready to host Islamic Solidarity Games
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
South Sumatra is ready to host the Islamic Solidarity Games from Sept. 22 to Oct. 1, an officer of Palembang Immigration Office has said.
"Based on information from the organizing committee, the games will be attended by 1,759 athletes and 624 officials from 25 Islamic countries, including Indonesia," Palembang Immigration Office spokesman Sarwono T Indrijanto said in Palembang on Wednesday, as quoted by the Antara news agency.
He said countries that had confirmed their participation were Brunei Darussalam, Iraq, Sudan, Kuwait, Bahrain, Maldives, Syria, Oman, Tunisia, Iran, Gambia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Azerbaijan, Algeria, Guinea and Turkey.
Sarwono said that his office would coordinate with the relevant agencies so that all matters relating to immigration could be prepared.
'Information we received earlier mentioned that most of the foreign athletes would enter Palembang through Jakarta's Soekarno-Hatta Airport. But some of the athletes will reportedly fly directly to Palembang," he said.
You might also like :
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Woman in Banyumas killed by king cobra