S. Sumatra ready to host Islamic Solidarity Games
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
South Sumatra is ready to host the Islamic Solidarity Games from Sept. 22 to Oct. 1, an officer of Palembang Immigration Office has said.
"Based on information from the organizing committee, the games will be attended by 1,759 athletes and 624 officials from 25 Islamic countries, including Indonesia," Palembang Immigration Office spokesman Sarwono T Indrijanto said in Palembang on Wednesday, as quoted by the Antara news agency.
He said countries that had confirmed their participation were Brunei Darussalam, Iraq, Sudan, Kuwait, Bahrain, Maldives, Syria, Oman, Tunisia, Iran, Gambia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Azerbaijan, Algeria, Guinea and Turkey.
Sarwono said that his office would coordinate with the relevant agencies so that all matters relating to immigration could be prepared.
'Information we received earlier mentioned that most of the foreign athletes would enter Palembang through Jakarta's Soekarno-Hatta Airport. But some of the athletes will reportedly fly directly to Palembang," he said.
You might also like :
- Why foreigners play American superheroes and that's (mostly) fine
- Wreaths for Ahok reach thousand
- Anies' victory raises Muslim dignity in politics: PKS
- 7-Eleven sold as business declines
- Indonesian militants can ‘easily’ enter Philippines
- Nicki Minaj features Indonesian designer’s work in latest music video
- Nigerian man shot dead in drugs bust
- Role of women seen as vital to resisting Islamic extremism
- Sandiaga to provide entrepreneurship program for thugs
- Palm oil practices and ecosystem sustainability