S. Sumatra ready to host Islamic Solidarity Games
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
South Sumatra is ready to host the Islamic Solidarity Games from Sept. 22 to Oct. 1, an officer of Palembang Immigration Office has said.
"Based on information from the organizing committee, the games will be attended by 1,759 athletes and 624 officials from 25 Islamic countries, including Indonesia," Palembang Immigration Office spokesman Sarwono T Indrijanto said in Palembang on Wednesday, as quoted by the Antara news agency.
He said countries that had confirmed their participation were Brunei Darussalam, Iraq, Sudan, Kuwait, Bahrain, Maldives, Syria, Oman, Tunisia, Iran, Gambia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Azerbaijan, Algeria, Guinea and Turkey.
Sarwono said that his office would coordinate with the relevant agencies so that all matters relating to immigration could be prepared.
'Information we received earlier mentioned that most of the foreign athletes would enter Palembang through Jakarta's Soekarno-Hatta Airport. But some of the athletes will reportedly fly directly to Palembang," he said.
You might also like :
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls
- Xi gets 100% of votes for new term as key ally named VP