S. Sumatra ready to host Islamic Solidarity Games
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
South Sumatra is ready to host the Islamic Solidarity Games from Sept. 22 to Oct. 1, an officer of Palembang Immigration Office has said.
"Based on information from the organizing committee, the games will be attended by 1,759 athletes and 624 officials from 25 Islamic countries, including Indonesia," Palembang Immigration Office spokesman Sarwono T Indrijanto said in Palembang on Wednesday, as quoted by the Antara news agency.
He said countries that had confirmed their participation were Brunei Darussalam, Iraq, Sudan, Kuwait, Bahrain, Maldives, Syria, Oman, Tunisia, Iran, Gambia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Azerbaijan, Algeria, Guinea and Turkey.
Sarwono said that his office would coordinate with the relevant agencies so that all matters relating to immigration could be prepared.
'Information we received earlier mentioned that most of the foreign athletes would enter Palembang through Jakarta's Soekarno-Hatta Airport. But some of the athletes will reportedly fly directly to Palembang," he said.
You might also like :
- Tight security prepared for King Salman’s visit to Bali
- Whale shark dead after being caught up in trawl
- Four must-watch films about North Korea
- Lawmakers to learn about counterterrorism legislation in UK, US
- Jokowi, Turnbull start day with relaxed morning walk around Royal Botanical Gardens
- Six killed in Central Java bus plunge
- House prepares for King Salman's visit
- Indonesia, Australia want peaceful resolution in settling regional disputes
- Divers collect waste in waters around Pramuka Island
- Kim Jong Nam died within 20 minutes of poisoning: Malaysia