Bunda Putri works for Petronas
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Andi 'Choel' Zulkarnaen Mallarangeng, the younger brother of former youth and sports minister Andi Mallarangeng, claims he is familiar with much-talked about lobbyist Bunda Putri and that she works for Malaysian oil giant Petronas.
'She works for Petronas or something,' Choel said as quoted by tribunnews.com. He spoke after being questioned by Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) investigators as a witness in the Hambalang graft case.
Choel said further that Bunda Putri was not the head of household affairs at President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono's private residence in Cikeas, Bogor, West Java.
Former Prosperous Justice Party (PKS) leader and graft suspect Luthfi Hasan Ishaaq said during a hearing last week that Bunda Putri was very close to Yudhoyono and that she knew about the cabinet reshuffle.
Earlier information stated Bunda Putri was an alias for Non Saputri, the wife of the ministry's horticulture director general, Hasanuddin Ibrahim. She reportedly has close ties to high-ranking officials and has the clout to pull strings in the government.
You might also like :
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- West Nusa Tenggara governor named special envoy for breastfeeding
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Thai jungle seen as breeding ground for Indochinese tigers
- West Kalimantan authorities uncover new drug smuggling technique
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- Parking attendants, city officers arrested for allegedly collecting illegal levies