Bunda Putri works for Petronas
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Andi 'Choel' Zulkarnaen Mallarangeng, the younger brother of former youth and sports minister Andi Mallarangeng, claims he is familiar with much-talked about lobbyist Bunda Putri and that she works for Malaysian oil giant Petronas.
'She works for Petronas or something,' Choel said as quoted by tribunnews.com. He spoke after being questioned by Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) investigators as a witness in the Hambalang graft case.
Choel said further that Bunda Putri was not the head of household affairs at President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono's private residence in Cikeas, Bogor, West Java.
Former Prosperous Justice Party (PKS) leader and graft suspect Luthfi Hasan Ishaaq said during a hearing last week that Bunda Putri was very close to Yudhoyono and that she knew about the cabinet reshuffle.
Earlier information stated Bunda Putri was an alias for Non Saputri, the wife of the ministry's horticulture director general, Hasanuddin Ibrahim. She reportedly has close ties to high-ranking officials and has the clout to pull strings in the government.
You might also like :
- Chicken traders to go on strike in Bandung as price increases
- Jakarta designates lane for motorcycles
- Jakarta urged to manage traffic ahead of Asian Games
- 'Millennial bravery' and taking the fight against corruption online
- Commentary: 'Minor reshuffle' and Jokowi's own political survival
- Indonesia plans to export LNG to Pakistan, Bangladesh
- Anies launches first housing project with zero down payment
- Turkey starts lifting stricken plane from cliff
- Jakarta hospitals face perennial problems
- Malaysian plane scare as flight diverted to Alice Springs