Construction worker dies by electrocution
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: A worker with construction company PT Baja Prima died on Wednesday after being electrocuted by a charged metal roof frame in Depok, West Java.
Ayit, a 40-year-old resident of Jelambar, Grogol, West Jakarta, was hit by high voltage currents when he and his fellow worker Aji were repairing the roof frame on a three-story house on Jl. Kapuas, Bhakti Jaya subdistrict in Simpangan Depok.
'The victim was struck by the electric current when the victim and I fixed the steel-made roof frame. The victim died on his way to an adjacent hospital on Jl. Raya Bogor,' Aji said on Wednesday.
Aji said he heard a sound like thunder and then saw that Ayit's body was badly burned.
Yadi Mulyadi, another eyewitness, said besides seeing a bolt of lightning he also heard an explosion.
'I was shocked to see the victim's body burn and then fall to the ground,' he said, as quoted by tribunnews.com.
Yadi added that the victim was electrocuted when the steel roof frame touched high-voltage electrical wires hanging over the construction site.
Sukmajaya Police station chief Comr. Agus Widodo said police were still investigating the fatal incident.
You might also like :
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Does playing action video games change your brain?
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study
- US wants no mention of `Climate Change' in new Nafta
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president