Construction worker dies by electrocution
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: A worker with construction company PT Baja Prima died on Wednesday after being electrocuted by a charged metal roof frame in Depok, West Java.
Ayit, a 40-year-old resident of Jelambar, Grogol, West Jakarta, was hit by high voltage currents when he and his fellow worker Aji were repairing the roof frame on a three-story house on Jl. Kapuas, Bhakti Jaya subdistrict in Simpangan Depok.
'The victim was struck by the electric current when the victim and I fixed the steel-made roof frame. The victim died on his way to an adjacent hospital on Jl. Raya Bogor,' Aji said on Wednesday.
Aji said he heard a sound like thunder and then saw that Ayit's body was badly burned.
Yadi Mulyadi, another eyewitness, said besides seeing a bolt of lightning he also heard an explosion.
'I was shocked to see the victim's body burn and then fall to the ground,' he said, as quoted by tribunnews.com.
Yadi added that the victim was electrocuted when the steel roof frame touched high-voltage electrical wires hanging over the construction site.
Sukmajaya Police station chief Comr. Agus Widodo said police were still investigating the fatal incident.
You might also like :
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- A world without America
- Beijing's new airport comes with new construction tech
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Under fire, Trump says he misspoke on Russia election meddling
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world