Greater Jakarta: City, SOEs to build Port of Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The city administration will work together with state port operator PT Pelindo II and North Jakarta industrial zone operator PT Kawasan Berikat Nusantara to develop an integrated seaport called the Port of Jakarta.
Governor Basuki 'Ahok' Tjahaja Purnama said that the Port of Jakarta would be developed on five of the planned 17 man-made islets off the city's north coast, which he referred to as islets M, N, O, P and Q.
'We want this port to be integrated, just like the Port of Rotterdam in the Netherlands. The Port of Rotterdam is dubbed the heart of Europe and we want the Port of Jakarta to be the heart of Asia,' Ahok told reporters at City Hall on Friday.
He further said that during a recent official visit to the Netherlands, the city of Rotterdam had agreed to cooperate with Jakarta in developing the port.
'Rotterdam will be our strategic partner. They have experience with land reclamation development and we can learn from them,' Ahok said, adding that the city administration would appoint city-owned developer PT Jakarta Propertindo (Jakpro) to take care of further issues regarding its development.
You might also like :
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- Prambanan Jazz Festival apologizes for Afgan's stage mishap
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- Bandung unveils China Town tourism spot
- Ten sailors missing after US destroyer collision off Singapore
- Indonesia, Freeport discuss tax issue: Minister
- Science may have answer to the itch you shouldn't scratch