Greater Jakarta: City, SOEs to build Port of Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The city administration will work together with state port operator PT Pelindo II and North Jakarta industrial zone operator PT Kawasan Berikat Nusantara to develop an integrated seaport called the Port of Jakarta.
Governor Basuki 'Ahok' Tjahaja Purnama said that the Port of Jakarta would be developed on five of the planned 17 man-made islets off the city's north coast, which he referred to as islets M, N, O, P and Q.
'We want this port to be integrated, just like the Port of Rotterdam in the Netherlands. The Port of Rotterdam is dubbed the heart of Europe and we want the Port of Jakarta to be the heart of Asia,' Ahok told reporters at City Hall on Friday.
He further said that during a recent official visit to the Netherlands, the city of Rotterdam had agreed to cooperate with Jakarta in developing the port.
'Rotterdam will be our strategic partner. They have experience with land reclamation development and we can learn from them,' Ahok said, adding that the city administration would appoint city-owned developer PT Jakarta Propertindo (Jakpro) to take care of further issues regarding its development.
You might also like :
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- West Java residents return to their homes after deadly tremor
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- Rahul Gandhi extends family grip on India's Congress party
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target