Batu akik, Go-Jek, kue cubit most searched on Google in 2015
The Jakarta Post
The top three most searched keywords used by Indonesian netizens this year, according to a recent report by Google, were "Batu akik" (popular slang for gem stones), 'Go-jek' ojek (motorcycle taxi) booking app and "kue cubit" (small traditional pancakes).
Kue cubit was so popular that it also reached the top in the list of most trending recipes online, beating dishes such as "tongseng kambing" (goat stew) and "sate kambing" (goat satay).
"In contrast to last year's most popular searches, which had been dominated by occurrences, this year Indonesian people were searching more personal things as well as small and medium enterprise businesses such as 'kue cubit'," Google Indonesia communications head Putri Silalahi told thejakartapost.com on Wednesday.
"We call these trends micro moments, where netizens rely on their mobile phones to look for information that can ease their routines. We're very happy to be a part of it," added Google Indonesia country industry head Henky Prihatna.
Google Indonesia added three new categories to this year's annual Year in Search list, namely "Meme", "Mode & Kecantikan" (fashion and beauty) and "Bagaimana Cara..." (how to). It also revealed more personal and daily activities such as "Bagaimana Cara Bentuk Perut Six Pack Tanpa ke Gym" (how to get six-pack abs without going to the gym), which was the most searched term in July and "Bagaimana Cara agar Lebih Bahagia di Kantor" (how to be more happy at the office), which was most popular in October. (kes)
Below are the most popular keywords searched by Indonesian netizens throughout 2015:
1. Batu akik
3. Kue cubit
5. Olga Syahputra
7. Furious 7
8. Tragedi Mina (Tragedy Mina)
9. Goyang Dumang (a song by artist Cita Citata)
10. Piala Presiden (The President Cup)
Google's biggest moments of 2015 were reportedly inspired by trillions of questions. (Courtesy of Google)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q7o7R5BgWDY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
You might also like :
- Nudist beach surfer punches shark to escape attack
- West Jakarta early childhood school dismantled in front of students
- Three expat teachers detained in Balikpapan for visa violations
- Saudi Arabia admits Khashoggi killed in Istanbul consulate
- Gay couple arrested in Bandung as anti-LGBT wave grips W. Java
- Trump: Saudi explanation of Khashoggi death credible, 'important first step'
- US 'saddened' Saudi journalist dead, no mention of action
- Indonesia attracts buyers at Hamburg COTECA trade expo
- Extend odd-even policy
- Here comes Bui Squad: Palu inmates help earthquake, tsunami survivors