Greater Jakarta: Army members harvest hydroponic vegetables
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Urban farming by residents at the Army's land transportation battalion compound in Senen, Central Jakarta, have produced dozens of kilograms of vegetables.
Central Jakarta Fisheries, Agriculture and Food Security Agency spokesperson, Muljadi, said on Friday that the residents had used a 280-square-meter plot of land to grow various types of vegetables like lettuce, red spinach, mustard and bok choy (Chinese cabbage), using the hydroponic method.
He added that the administration were now harvesting the vegetables. The harvest result of each vegetable type, according to Muljadi, could be expected to reach an approximate average of 30 kilograms.
'The result is satisfying enough. Thanks to the battalion members. The grooming period was quick, only around 21 days before harvest time,' said Muljadi as quoted by beritajakarta.com.
Muljadi further said that his agency was currently planning to acquire a quality assurance certificate for the vegetables so that it could distribute them to supermarkets.
You might also like :
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- Singapore to supply LNG for Indonesia's power plants: Luhut
- Jakarta to build 80 kilometers of sidewalks this year
- Indonesians 'quite happy', according to BPS happiness index
- Voter turnout will drop if House insists on bigger budget: Expert
- Unmarried Indonesians happier than those who have tied the knot
- Facebook opens Indonesia’s office
- Contract to be extended to 2041 as Freeport agrees to divest 51% shares
- Railway operator welcomes first airport train
- HBO exec clears up stance on planned ‘Game of Thrones’ spin-offs