Greater Jakarta: Army members harvest hydroponic vegetables
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Urban farming by residents at the Army's land transportation battalion compound in Senen, Central Jakarta, have produced dozens of kilograms of vegetables.
Central Jakarta Fisheries, Agriculture and Food Security Agency spokesperson, Muljadi, said on Friday that the residents had used a 280-square-meter plot of land to grow various types of vegetables like lettuce, red spinach, mustard and bok choy (Chinese cabbage), using the hydroponic method.
He added that the administration were now harvesting the vegetables. The harvest result of each vegetable type, according to Muljadi, could be expected to reach an approximate average of 30 kilograms.
'The result is satisfying enough. Thanks to the battalion members. The grooming period was quick, only around 21 days before harvest time,' said Muljadi as quoted by beritajakarta.com.
Muljadi further said that his agency was currently planning to acquire a quality assurance certificate for the vegetables so that it could distribute them to supermarkets.
You might also like :
- Myanmar complies with int’l recommendations on Rohingya crisis: Suu Kyi
- And now, Indosat website hacked
- Ahok mania spreads far beyond Jakarta
- Rohingya crisis could affect ASEAN stability: Jokowi
- Jokowi, Suu Kyi discuss Rohingya crisis
- Wonderful Indonesia to participate in Malaysia International Dive Expo 2017
- Thousands of workers to join May Day rally in Jakarta
- KPK rebuffs House inquiry
- Jokowi campaigns for peace, stability on Korean Peninsula
- Campaign highlights importance of fish consumption