Greater Jakarta: Army members harvest hydroponic vegetables
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Urban farming by residents at the Army's land transportation battalion compound in Senen, Central Jakarta, have produced dozens of kilograms of vegetables.
Central Jakarta Fisheries, Agriculture and Food Security Agency spokesperson, Muljadi, said on Friday that the residents had used a 280-square-meter plot of land to grow various types of vegetables like lettuce, red spinach, mustard and bok choy (Chinese cabbage), using the hydroponic method.
He added that the administration were now harvesting the vegetables. The harvest result of each vegetable type, according to Muljadi, could be expected to reach an approximate average of 30 kilograms.
'The result is satisfying enough. Thanks to the battalion members. The grooming period was quick, only around 21 days before harvest time,' said Muljadi as quoted by beritajakarta.com.
Muljadi further said that his agency was currently planning to acquire a quality assurance certificate for the vegetables so that it could distribute them to supermarkets.
You might also like :
- Wealth of four richest Indonesians equal to wealth of 100m poorest
- Jokowi threatens to take action if Freeport are 'difficult'
- COMMENTARY: Freeport's threat of arbitration simply a ploy to block mining reform
- BI predicts lower GDP growth in first quarter
- Indonesia drafting rules to end bank secrecy
- Democracy ‘gone too far’: Jokowi
- OJK to launch first green bond mechanism
- Indonesia seeks Saudi Arabia’s support to develop Sumatra tourism
- Transportation Ministry to issue NOTAM for King Salman’s arrival
- Madame Tussauds Hong Kong to feature Jokowi wax figure this summer