Greater Jakarta: Army members harvest hydroponic vegetables
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Urban farming by residents at the Army's land transportation battalion compound in Senen, Central Jakarta, have produced dozens of kilograms of vegetables.
Central Jakarta Fisheries, Agriculture and Food Security Agency spokesperson, Muljadi, said on Friday that the residents had used a 280-square-meter plot of land to grow various types of vegetables like lettuce, red spinach, mustard and bok choy (Chinese cabbage), using the hydroponic method.
He added that the administration were now harvesting the vegetables. The harvest result of each vegetable type, according to Muljadi, could be expected to reach an approximate average of 30 kilograms.
'The result is satisfying enough. Thanks to the battalion members. The grooming period was quick, only around 21 days before harvest time,' said Muljadi as quoted by beritajakarta.com.
Muljadi further said that his agency was currently planning to acquire a quality assurance certificate for the vegetables so that it could distribute them to supermarkets.
- Convenient confusion: Indonesia's incorporation of international law
- Doctor Strange is not Sherlock with magic, says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Govt to allow nickel ore, bauxite exports under new rules
- Leessang’s Kang Gary to leave ‘Running Man’
- Myanmar most generous country in the world
- Indonesia-Australia continue to strengthen cooperation: Bishop
- KPPU continues investigation into XL, Indosat for alleged cartel behavior
- Indonesia up 15 places in Ease of Doing Business index
- Ahok officially transfers office to acting governor
- Govt foils attempts to smuggle Rp 33.15b worth lobster seeds