Greater Jakarta: Army members harvest hydroponic vegetables
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Urban farming by residents at the Army's land transportation battalion compound in Senen, Central Jakarta, have produced dozens of kilograms of vegetables.
Central Jakarta Fisheries, Agriculture and Food Security Agency spokesperson, Muljadi, said on Friday that the residents had used a 280-square-meter plot of land to grow various types of vegetables like lettuce, red spinach, mustard and bok choy (Chinese cabbage), using the hydroponic method.
He added that the administration were now harvesting the vegetables. The harvest result of each vegetable type, according to Muljadi, could be expected to reach an approximate average of 30 kilograms.
'The result is satisfying enough. Thanks to the battalion members. The grooming period was quick, only around 21 days before harvest time,' said Muljadi as quoted by beritajakarta.com.
Muljadi further said that his agency was currently planning to acquire a quality assurance certificate for the vegetables so that it could distribute them to supermarkets.
- Dahlan caused Rp 11b in state losses: Prosecutors
- Sari Roti under fire after denying involvement in 212 rally
- Fintech world and new styles in payment
- Military denies internal split over treason arrests
- Police in hunt for another suspect in treason case
- Swiss doctor dies after diving in Bunaken
- Indonesia invited to speak frankly about Rakhine
- Former minister Dahlan tried for corruption
- AGO prepares interfaith prosecuting team for Ahok’s trial
- Businesses applaud traffic plan for Christmas holiday season