Greater Jakarta: Army members harvest hydroponic vegetables
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Urban farming by residents at the Army's land transportation battalion compound in Senen, Central Jakarta, have produced dozens of kilograms of vegetables.
Central Jakarta Fisheries, Agriculture and Food Security Agency spokesperson, Muljadi, said on Friday that the residents had used a 280-square-meter plot of land to grow various types of vegetables like lettuce, red spinach, mustard and bok choy (Chinese cabbage), using the hydroponic method.
He added that the administration were now harvesting the vegetables. The harvest result of each vegetable type, according to Muljadi, could be expected to reach an approximate average of 30 kilograms.
'The result is satisfying enough. Thanks to the battalion members. The grooming period was quick, only around 21 days before harvest time,' said Muljadi as quoted by beritajakarta.com.
Muljadi further said that his agency was currently planning to acquire a quality assurance certificate for the vegetables so that it could distribute them to supermarkets.
- Noose tightens around FPI leader
- Pinot competes with Beyonce in annual social media awards
- Businessman detained for tax evasion
- Anti graft body may detain ex-Garuda Indonesia CEO on Rolls Royce deals
- Three Indonesians kidnapped by Abu Sayyaf
- Police ban transgender cultural event in South Sulawesi
- Restaurant presents live penguins as part of conservation program
- Protesters make their mark on Trump's inauguration
- Asia’s most and least powerful passports
- 2NE1 to say ‘Good Bye’ to their fans