Greater Jakarta: Army members harvest hydroponic vegetables
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Urban farming by residents at the Army's land transportation battalion compound in Senen, Central Jakarta, have produced dozens of kilograms of vegetables.
Central Jakarta Fisheries, Agriculture and Food Security Agency spokesperson, Muljadi, said on Friday that the residents had used a 280-square-meter plot of land to grow various types of vegetables like lettuce, red spinach, mustard and bok choy (Chinese cabbage), using the hydroponic method.
He added that the administration were now harvesting the vegetables. The harvest result of each vegetable type, according to Muljadi, could be expected to reach an approximate average of 30 kilograms.
'The result is satisfying enough. Thanks to the battalion members. The grooming period was quick, only around 21 days before harvest time,' said Muljadi as quoted by beritajakarta.com.
Muljadi further said that his agency was currently planning to acquire a quality assurance certificate for the vegetables so that it could distribute them to supermarkets.
You might also like :
- World Bank lauds Indonesia’s fiscal framework
- Political, polygamy messages take center stage in some Idul Fitri speeches
- Sri Mulyani marks Idul Fitri with slip of tongue
- MPR speaker entertains guests with political jokes, conversation
- Indonesia condemns Mecca suicide bomb attempt
- Messi's gritty hometown braces for a glam wedding
- Jakarta Cathedral cancels three morning masses for Idul Fitri prayer
- Locals thrilled to share Idul Fitri with Jokowi's mother
- Krakatau Steel aims to reach break-even point in 2017
- Semarang archbishop visits Idul Fitri revelers, conveys greeting from Vatican